Tuesday, March 24, 2009

DiaBlog#12

"Aisha was the star we pinned our future on."
"I'm embarrassed, but i like this, being the special one."

These two lines really stuck out to me. There's a complete role reversal between Aisha and Nadira. Aisha a was the one they used to depend on the one who got all of the attention. Now Nadra is finally getting recognition. I think that Nadira has always been the strong one. Aisha is always putting on a face and pretending to be someone else. The real Aisha is weak and can't handle change. " I can't. I'm ashamed." " Why should I?" She doesn't even try. She's completely given up and it's starting to drive me mad if i were Nadira i would slap her across the face. Nadira was right on the money when she said this: " I always thought you were the brave one. But now i think you're a coward, Aisha. You gave up because everything stopped being easy. Just because you couldn't conquer this thing like you always did. I think, Aisha, that you're always thinking about doing or saying the right thing. Wearing the right clothes. Blending in. But sometimes.....sometimes you have to tell them who you are. What you really think. you have to make them see us."

No comments:

Post a Comment